What do you think of this weird picture? I’m in my friend’s garage gym, hence the water heater. I appear to be moving my bar to another space in the garage. How boring.
Anywho, about me…Well, functional training (like Crossfit) is my mega-passion! I’ve been Crossfitting for around eight years now. I absolutely love it because no workout is ever the same. I have had people say to me, “Crossfit, wow, that is intense. I wish I could do that.”
BUT YOU CAN!!!
What people don’t seem to realize is that a lot of the videos you see regarding Crossfit star an advanced athlete (or you might be watching the Crossfit Games, which also showcases the very best of the best athletes). This does not accurately describe functional fitness and the majority of the people who participate. Any movement in a Crossfit WOD (workout of the day) can be scaled or substituted with another exercise to suit an individual’s needs.
In the past four years or so, I have been working on fueling my bod with REAL food rather than food that has little bang for its buck (some people call this junk food 🙂 ). I think a better perspective is calling food “food,” instead of deeming one food “bad” (“junk food”) and another food “healthy” or “clean” (think carrots, salad, chicken). M&M’s and kale are both simply food, but one will nourish and fuel the body’s cells in a better and different way than the other.
A lot of people have an all-or-nothing mentality when it comes to their “good” and “bad” foods. I certainly did for many years. I struggled with this. And so did my weight. I’ve yo-yo-ed all over the place! For years! I was either “on the wagon” and doing well or I “fell off the wagon” and gosh, I had one Oreo, and since I totally screwed up I’ll eat whatever I want today and start fresh Monday. OMG, do you know how many times I did this??? If I had a nickel…I’d be silly rich!
This About Me seems to be getting very windy and long. I think I’ll make an About Me list, you’d probably like that better.
- I Crossfit.
- I eat candy, cake, ice cream, donuts, or some sort of delicious sugar every day.
- I am married. (I feel like I should have put this first.)
- I have one, cute daughter.
- I love to help people realize their full potential!
- I may or may not be a clean freak.
- I live in the gorgeous Northwest.
- I love writing.
- I am a very compassionate person.
- Coffee is wonderful.
- My role model is Sara Sigmundsdottir. Google her!
- I have three, tiny adorable bunnies. They live inside my house.
- I have a four-year degree from a University.
- I love the warm weather.
- I want to go to Ireland someday.
- And a tropical place.
- I’m an ACE-certified personal trainer. Ask me stuff!