So how’s them resolutions coming along, Peeps? Are ya’ll about knee deep in it? Yep, I feel ya.
I have resoluted (???) to be more social and make two friends this year. And I’ve set my sights on two potential friends already!
How will I do this, you ask.
1) Go to classes at my gym and say hello, my name is, then proceed to strike up conversations with perfect strangers. (It is a rather exhausting exercise, a touch nerve-wracking, and sounds like an insane amount of effort to me, but I hear this is what must take place in order to make a friend.)
2) Join a women’s volleyball league. I played in middle school. I wonder if my 8th grade skills have translated to adulthood.
I AM PUTTING MYSELF OUT THERE.
And now for the amazing recipe. I needed something very simple and delicious for a partay. So I ground up My Favorite Things in my Cuisinart and these popped out:
CHOCOLATE COCONUT FREEZER COOKIES
- 14 Medjool Dates (Deglet dates don’t work quite as well)
- 2-3 Tbl Coconut Milk or Water
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/8-1/4 Cocoa Powder (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 pinches Pink Salt or Sea Salt
Pit your dates and grind in food processor with coconut milk or water till smooth. Add the oil. Blend. STIR in cocoa powder, shredded coconut and salt. At this point you can add chocolate chips if you so desire. Roll dough into balls (if super sticky, add a bit of water to your hands) and roll in shredded coconut, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, or leave plain. Place into freezer till coldly delicous.